Level 1 Learning Objectives
- Level 1 is being taught virtually.
- Understanding the fundamentals of coverage including the connection between the policy and the claim, outside influences on coverage, reviewing tenders and issuing/communicating the appropriate coverage position.
- Recognizing the importance of a proper claim evaluation including analyzing facts and evidence, factoring in the law and evaluating injury and damages.
- Explaining reserving philosophies and how to properly identify settlement values and ranges.
- Understanding how to achieve superior claims outcomes through effective negotiaton as well as when and how to use ADR.
- Understanding the litigation process, the roles of the parties, lawyers and judge and how to effectively manage and control litigated matters, achieving the best possible outcome.