Terms of Service
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. This site (www.theCLM.org) and all content, information and services accessible through it is made available by Claims and Litigation Management Alliance ("CLM") and may be used only under the following terms and conditions.
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
1.1 Grant. User is granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable, limited license to access and use this website on any single computer for personal, non-commercial use. This license may be terminated by CLM without notice at any time and for any reason.
1.2 Limitations. Permission is granted to temporarily download materials on CLM's web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (whether commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on CLM's web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
2. Registration. Portions of this website may require registration to access and use information and services. If User elects to register, User agrees to provide CLM with accurate, complete registration information. User agrees to be responsible for access and use of this site under User’s name and password, whether User has knowledge or, or authorizes, such access. CLM Membership accounts are automatically renewed each year. If you prefer to not auto renew your account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll follow up with you in October of each year to process your renewal.
3 Use of the Site.
3.1 For Lawful Use Only. The User may not publish, submit or otherwise make available any materials on this site that are unlawful or deceptive in any way. CLM may delete any of User's materials at any time, without prior notice and at CLM’s sole discretion.
3.2 No Obligation to Monitor. CLM has no obligation to edit, monitor or screen materials on this website and is not responsible for the content in, or linked to or from such materials.
3.3 Attorney-Client Relationship & Confidentiality. User acknowledges that no attorney-client relationship is, or will be, formed through the use of this site, and that User has no expectation of privacy or confidentiality of communications occurring through User’s use of this site. The hiring of an attorney is a critical decision and should not be predicated solely on comments, recommendations, advertisements, or other materials contained on this site or any other website.
4. Attorney Ethics & Practice of Law. If User is an attorney, User acknowledges that the Rules or Codes of Professional Conduct ("Rules") of the jurisdiction(s) in which User is licensed shall apply to all aspects of User's participation. CLM disclaims all responsibility for User's compliance with these rules.
5. No Legal Advice or Practice of Law. CLM provides information on law and legal topics and is designed for informational purposes only. Under no circumstances is CLM, or any third party participating in this website, providing legal advice or representation, and nothing on this site shall be intended as a substitute for legal advice from an attorney.
5(a) No Endorsement. CLM does not select, approve, or otherwise endorse any particular attorney, law firm, or provider of legal services on this site. Any and all such recommendations are from third parties and are inherently subjective in nature, could be inaccurate or incomplete, and are difficult or impossible to verify. Therefore, CLM expressly disclaims any representation or warranty that such Posted Materials are correct or reliable. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHALL CLM HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY RELIANCE ON INFORMATION CONTAINED ON OR OBTAINED THROUGH THIS SITE. SUCH RELIANCE SHALL BE SOLELY AT USER'S OWN RISK.
6. Third Party Content. Third party content, messages and services may appear on this site or may be accessible through links on this site. CLM is not responsible, and assumes no liability, for any mistakes, misstatements of law, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehood or obscenity in the statements, opinions, representations or any other form of content contained in any third party content appearing on or accessible from this site. User acknowledges that the information and opinions in the third party content are neither endorsed or controlled by, nor reflect the beliefs of, CLM.
7. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS," WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, CLM DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. CLM MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT ACCESS TO THIS SITE OR ANY PORTION THEREOF WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, COMPLETE, ERROR FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. CLM DISCLAIMS ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO (A) USE OF THIS SITE, (B) THE ACCESS OR USE OF THIRD PARTY WEB SITES AND CONTENT OR SERVICES THEREIN THROUGH LINKS IN THIS SITE, (C) THE UNAVAILABILITY OF THE SITE OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, OR (D) USER'S USE OF EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE IN CONNECTION WITH ACCESS AND USE OF THIS SITE.
8. Limitations. In no event shall CLM or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use CLM's Internet site, even if CLM or a CLM authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage.
8(a) Indemnification. User agrees to defend, indemnify and hold CLM harmless from any and all liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, related to any violation of these terms and conditions by you.
9. Limitation of Claims. Except for claims relating to improper use of this site, no claim, regardless of form, which in any way arises out of this Agreement, may be made, if such claim is brought more than one year after the basis for the claim becomes known to the party asserting it.
11. General Provisions. Any claim relating to CLM's web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of law provisions. The parties agree that the state and federal courts sitting in New York will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising out of this Agreement and each party consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts. Should any provision of this Agreement be held to be void, invalid, unenforceable or illegal by a court, the validity and enforceability of the other provisions will not be affected thereby. Failure of any party to enforce any provision of this Agreement will not constitute or be construed as a waiver of such provision or of the right to enforce such provision.
Updated June 3, 2011