Level I Learning Objectives
- Level 1 is being taught virtually.
- Recognizing the various forms of coverage available to protect construction risks as well as the different types of exposures to which policies apply and the scopes of coverage afforded.
- Identifying and analyze the relevant material, information or documentation needed to formulate the proper coverage position.
- Understanding the coverage issues and defenses that arise in construction claims.
- Understanding how to manage a construction claim from the ground up.
- Recognizing the theories of liability and defenses available in commercial and residential construction claims and understanding which damages may be recoverable under the various theories of liability.
- Understanding construction contracts, the different contracting relationships and gaining insight into how courts have interpreted certain provisions in the typical construction contract.