- Understanding the role of the claims professional in mediation
- Recognizing claims that are good candidates for early resolution through mediation versus those that are not including determining the best time to mediate, how to identify essential information before participating in mediation and how to use all available resources at the earliest time possible.
- Selecting the best mediator for the case and understanding how a claims professional can be actively involved in all aspects of the mediation process.
- Understanding the psychology of negotiation.
- Effectively utilizing different strategies for mediation and the best ways to avoid an impasse.
- Assessing post-mediation concerns.