Level 2 Learning Objectives
- Understanding the nature and purpose of witness preparation, what to expect prior to and during a deposition and how to conduct yourself during a deposition.
- Managing risk transfer and understand how it affects your coverage analysis and claims handling.
- Understanding the benefits of, and how to develop a strategy for, early reserving.
- Identifying whether a case warrants the use of an expert and, where appropriate, how to select the appropriate one.
- Managing litigation costs, recognizing the different fee arrangements and the benefits of each and how to work effectively with counsel.
- Reconizing the right to independent counsel, how to work effectively with independent counsel eg developing and implementing a joint strategy to defend/resolve the case.
- Developing a negotiation strategy based on objective standards and finding solutions to negotiaton problems.